Enhance the learning in your Early Childhood Classroom through music and rhythm. Explore how young learners’ pre-reading skills, comprehension, engagement, classroom management and behavior improve through the use of music and rhythm. You will research and curate examples of music and rhythm to incorporate into your existing curriculum and units of study. Participants do not need to be currently teaching in an Early Childhood classroom or have a musical background to benefit from this course.
In this course, participants will
- Examine how music and rhythm promote learning in Early Childhood classrooms
- Describe how existing curriculum can be enhanced through music and rhythm
- Discover specific examples of music and rhythm that can be used in all areas of the Early Childhood classroom to promote classroom learning
- Create and share a Symbaloo to organize all of your digital resources of music and rhythm for your classroom
- Plan two units of study in different areas of an Early Childhood classroom, using examples of music and rhythm