Develop an early childhood classroom environment that actively engages students in foundational technology usage. Strengthen that foundation as it uses technology to support social development and academic learning, traits of curiosity and creativity, tool skills, and online safety and responsibility. Engage in research and reflective and creative assignments whose cumulative goal is to promote early childhood classrooms that put student academic and social learning at the forefront of technology use.
Course Learning Objectives:
This course will give students opportunity to:
- Identify and evaluate use of all teacher and student technology-based tools, apps, connectivity, facilities and resources currently available in and out of their classroom
- Discover and evaluate technology tools and online resources that support curriculum standards and objectives
- Produce and share a variety of technology-based activities and products
- Understand the importance of a teacher’s facilitating role to successfully weave technology into curriculum
- Report and consider adaptation of authentic technology-infused learning activities that support CC, ISTE and other nationally recognized educational standards
- Use course-based forums and folders to peer share products and classroom tech-based management strategies.
- Create short and long-term goals to develop and sustain meaningful technology-rich curriculum for students